Security at Bishop’s
The responsibility of Campus Security is to ensure the safety and security of everyone. Campus Security maintains a good working relationship with the Service de Police de la Région de Sherbrooke, who are responsible for investigating crimes and criminal activities on campus.
All buildings, including residences, are checked on a daily basis by Security Officers on foot patrols. The campus exterior is also patrolled on foot and with a Security Vehicle. Any suspicious persons and/or vehicles are checked.
In all situations, the University relies on the good will and good judgment of all members of the Bishop’s community. Students, staff and faculty are encouraged to read the Emergency Situation Policy & Guidelines document and to understand their roles and responsibilities.
Parking Rates 2018-2019
Faculty and staff rates:
- One year permit: full-time and part-time Faculty and Staff = $249.00
- One semester permit: full-time and part-time Faculty and Staff $132.00
- One year permit until August 31 = $226.00
- One Semester (Fall) until December 31 = $126.00
Fall Semester is September 1st until December 31st.
Winter Semester is January 1st until April 30th.
Summer Semester is May 1st until August 31st.
See Parking Regulations.
Pay and Park Rates: $1.50 per hour, maximum $7.00 for 24 hours. Payable with Coins and Credit Card.
Campus Security is located in the Dewhurst Annex.
Security officers are on duty 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. To contact Security anytime day or night, there is an emergency telephone located:
- At the entrance to the Security Office;
- in the front entrance of Johnson;
- at the Paint Shop (behind the Library);
- at all the “Pay and Park” machines.
- behind Paterson.