Located in the beautiful Eastern Townships region of the province of Quebec, Bishop’s is a unique English-language university that offers its students an undergraduate university experience like no other.
The BU difference
- Bishop’s boasts some of the smallest class sizes in the country, and passionate, supportive professors who truly care about the success of their students. The result is that all BU students receive personalized attention and valuable support throughout their studies.
- Bishop’s connects its students to an array of outstanding learning opportunities, including internships and exceptional training experiences. These opportunities enable students to strengthen their skills and obtain valuable professional experience, all while working to complete their studies.
- Bishop’s creates a unique social environment for its students, one that fosters personal growth and development. This caring and supportive atmosphere nurtures students, and helps transform them into confident and skilled leaders who are ready to make a difference in this world.
These elements, when combined, form the essence and the soul of the Bishop’s community.
Above all else, Bishop’s is a community. A community of scholars. A community of leaders. A community of change-makers. A community of colleagues. A community of friends.
At Bishop’s, we strive to be:
- A community that instills confidence, courage and a sense of responsibility in its students.
- A place that nurtures personal and intellectual freedom and fosters enduring friendships.
A sound and liberal education
In 1843, the founders of Bishop’s University declared their goal “to offer the country a sound and liberal education.” To this day, our university remains focused on this goal, delivering a broad-based education in an intimate learning environment that encourages exploration and discovery.