financial assistance to students.
Welcome to Bishop’s University
Our goal is to offer Canada’s foremost undergraduate education. We aspire to be the institution of choice for outstanding young people seeking academic excellence in a community that instills curiosity, confidence, courage and a sense of responsibility in its students.
A sound and liberal education in various forms
Pm8wzowinnoak Bishop’s kchi adalagakidimek aoak kzalziwi w8banakii aln8baïkik.
Bishop’s University is located on the traditional and unceded territory of the Abenaki people.
L’Université Bishop’s est située sur le territoire traditionnel et non cédé du peuple Abénaki.
Purple grads’ stories
Chris LesankoFounder of First Steps Wellness CenterView story
Class of '17
Kirsten Dobler2020 Young Alumna of the YearView story
Class of '17
Alex DemersFormer Director of Logistic and Material ManagementView story
Class of '07
Melissa MacCoubreyDirector of Narrative Design at UbisoftView story
Class of '16
Alexandra BachandPerfumer and Olfactory ArtistView story
Class of '97
Student-Centred • Community-Focused • Excellence • Sustainability
- A new study on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on children’s mental health puts forward concrete recommendations to promote their well-being. The study, entitled Favoriser la santé mentale des … Continue reading COVID-19: keeping a routine and “normal” activities for children’s well-being →Read More »
Giant planet survives the death of its parent star – A publication in Nature reveals an unusual orbital storyDr. Lorne Nelson of Bishop’s University in conjunction with collaborators from around the world have discovered the first planet to orbit the burned out core of a dead star. The … Continue reading Giant planet survives the death of its parent star – A publication in Nature reveals an unusual …Read More »
- Robert Hall, ’79, Chair of the Board of Governors, is pleased to announce that the Board has endorsed the unanimous recommendation of the Bishop’s Council to appoint Daniel Fournier as … Continue reading Daniel Fournier named 20th Chancellor of Bishop’s University →Read More »
- A statement was issued today by some members of the Indigenous Cultural Alliance at Bishop’s University denouncing systemic racism on campus and calling for change. “As Principal of the University … Continue reading Bishop’s University remains committed to equity, diversity and inclusion →Read More »
- Are you interested in fostering student success here at Bishop’s? Are you developing your own skills as a leader and reflective community-builder? Apply now to be a Stadelman Fellow! This … Continue reading Call for applications: Stadelman Fellowship →Read More »
- Rocky Mountain Adaptive, based in Canmore, Alberta, promotes opportunities for individuals of all ages with physical or neurodivergent (intellectual, cognitive, or developmental) disABILITIES to participate in the unique sporting and … Continue reading The Olney Family Internship at Rocky Mountain Adaptive, Canmore, Alberta →Read More »