We are familiar with the problems facing young adults and I am sure that you will find us friendly and easy to talk to about sensitive issues. If you have questions but would rather not ask them face to face, send them by email to Kendra Brock and we will try to reply to them as quickly as possible.
Confidentiality: Your records are strictly confidential. We do not release information to anyone without your specific consent.
**** NEW INFORMATION ****
ALL clients now need an appointment to consult with the nurse or doctor.
Note: Appointments are 15 minutes long and are to address one health issue per visit.
Everyone over the age of 12 must wear a mask/face covering during the entire visit. You must bring your own. The clinic will not provide one.
Please arrive for your appointment on time. Do NOT arrive early. Do NOT bring a friend/companion, unless authorized by the nurse ahead of time.
The BU health clinic is a “cold clinic”, which means we see only NON COVID-19 related issues. If you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19:
- Fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing, extreme fatigue, sudden loss of sense of smell without nasal congestion with or without loss of taste, OR
- If you have been in contact with someone who recently tested positive, OR
- Have travelled abroad in the past 14 days.
Please go directly to the COVID testing center in Sherbrooke (500 Rue Murray, Sherbrooke, QC J1G 2K6). Opened 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, 7 days a week. No appointment needed. No referral needed.
If you are unsure if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please call the COVID-19 hotline. 1-877-644-4545 or Estrie 819-644-4545.
For an appointment with a doctor:
Please contact Jill Johnson:
819-822-9600 ext. 2696
What do I need to see a doctor for:
- Prescription renewals
- New prescriptions ex. birth control, antidepressants
- “clear to play” for sports
- Bloodwork requisitions
- X-Ray or scan requisitions
- Chronic condition follow ups
- Physical exams
- PAP tests
- Minor surgery ex. ingrown toe nails, mole removal, sutures
For an appointment with a nurse:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment. Indicate your name, student number (if applicable), phone number and the reason why you need to consult. The nurse will respond via email or telephone.
What can I see the nurse for:
- STI testing
- Urinary tract infection symptoms
- Cold/Flu symptoms
- Concussion evaluation
- Bandage changes
- Suture removal
- Sports injuries
- Education ex. birth control options, STI screening
- Wart treatment
Monday to Friday:
8:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
1:00 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
John H. Price Sports & Recreation Centre, local 2091
(on the top floor – enter by the old entrance – offices are across from the pool windows)