We are familiar with the problems facing young adults and I am sure that you will find us friendly and easy to talk to about sensitive issues. If you have questions but would rather not ask them face to face, send them by email to Kendra Brock and we will try to reply to them as quickly as possible.
Confidentiality: Your records are strictly confidential. We do not release information to anyone without your specific consent.
- Treatment of acute and chronic illness
- Emergency care
- Infirmary care
- Women’s health concerns (pelvic and breast exams, Pap smear, pregnancy testing, contraception, morning after pill, etc.)
- Wart treatment
- Allergy injections
- Certain vaccinations
- Referrals to specialists – all fields
- X-ray and blood work referrals
- Physical examinations for universities, job applications, gym classes, etc.
- Sexually transmitted infection testing, treatment and information
- Limited minor surgical procedures
- Follow-up care from Emergency Room (dressings changed, stitches removed, etc.)
- Counseling and education on weight control, nutrition, eating disorders, substance abuse, assistance to stop smoking, lifestyle assessments.
This is only a partial list of services offered, so if the service you require is not listed, please check with us.
Monday to Friday:
8:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
1:00 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Note: The Health Clinic will close earlier than 11:45 a.m. or 3:45 p.m. should there be a large number of people waiting to see the doctor or nurse.
John H. Price Sports & Recreation Centre, local 2091
(on the top floor – enter by the old entrance – offices are across from the pool windows)
Students wishing to see a nurse will be seen in order of arrival. Emergencies always take priority. A visit to the doctor usually requires an appointment. If you are not sure if you need to see a doctor, come in and the nurse will evaluate you and refer you to the doctor if necessary.
To book an appointment to see a doctor, please contact Jill Johnson:
819-822-9600 ext. 2696