Events and Workshops
January 29th and 30th, 2021
Bishop’s Career Bootcamp is a two-day, intensive career preparation event designed to provide the skills and knowledge required to do an effective job search process. Participants will attend workshops on résumé building, job search strategies, effective networking techniques, business etiquette, interview preparation, as well as a mock interview session (interview practice with an alumni). The Career Bootcamp also includes a networking cocktail event with alumni, which is a great opportunity for students to practice their networking skills and gain a realistic understanding of the workforce.
Benefits of attending the Career Bootcamp:
- Improve your résumé and cover letter (gain valuable advice on ways to highlight your qualifications, skills and achievements to target specific jobs).
- Gain valuable information on interviews from a senior Human Resource Advisor.
- Improve your interview skills and answers (learn how to answer difficult interview questions).
- Discover easy and effective tools and techniques to make yourself known by potential employers.
- Develop time saving and effective job search and networking techniques.
- Network with alumni and employers who can give you great career and job search advice.
I really loved Bootcamp, it helped me in many ways. From my resume to the interview and certainly the cocktail etiquette, what a great idea. I keep telling everyone that it was really worth it and would definitely relive the experience!Quote from a past participant
Career Bootcamp registration form (coming soon)
October 2nd, 2020 in person
October 8th and 9th, 2020 online
BU Works International registration form (coming soon)
Postponed until 2022.
Keep an eye out for Career events.
Month of November 2020
This year, Grad School Day will be taking place virtually!
Grad School Day is an event for students who are considering pursuing graduate studies and want to obtain information on the different graduate programs available to them. It’s a great opportunity to network with university representatives, to gain valuable information on admission processes and requirements or to ask questions you may have regarding graduate studies.
Registration starting in September