Events and Workshops
February 21 – 22, 2020
Bishop’s Career Bootcamp is a two and a half day intensive career preparation event designed to provide the skills and knowledge required to do an effective job search process. Participants will attend workshops on résumé building, job search strategies, effective networking techniques, business etiquette, interview preparation, as well as a mock interview session (interview practice with an alumni). The Career Bootcamp also includes a networking cocktail event with alumni, which is a great opportunity for students to practice their networking skills and gain a realistic understanding of the workforce.
Benefits of attending the Career Prep Bootcamp:
- Improve your résumé and cover letter (gain valuable advice on ways to highlight your qualifications, skills and achievements to target specific jobs).
- Gain valuable information on interviews from a senior Human Resource Advisor.
- Improve your interview skills and answers (learn how to answer difficult interview questions).
- Discover easy and effective tools and techniques to make yourself known by potential employers.
- Develop time saving and effective job search and networking techniques.
- Network with alumni and employers who can give you great career and job search advice.
I really loved Bootcamp, it helped me in many ways. From my resume to the interview and certainly the cocktail etiquette, what a great idea. I keep telling everyone that it was really worth it and would definitely relive the experience!Quote from a past participant
The Bishop’s University Leadership Retreat is offered annually to students who demonstrate a keen interest in impacting change through various means: social movements, business ventures, for-profit or non-profit organizations, or academic extracurriculars. See the Leadership Retreat website for details.
March 12, 2020
Whether you are graduating this year or just starting your first semester at Bishop’s, now is the best time to start participating!
Don’t miss this opportunity to:
- Network with representatives of different companies.
- Gain great advice and information on the workforce and the careers related to your education.
- Discover the skills employers are looking for.
- Land a full time or summer job!
Registration starting in December.
November 7, 2019
Grad School Day is an event for students who are considering pursuing graduate studies and want to obtain information on the different graduate programs that could interest them. It’s a great opportunity to network with university representatives to gain valuable information on admission processes and requirements or to ask questions you may have regarding graduate studies.
Registration starting in September