Career and Vocational Counselling Services
- Having second thoughts about your choice of major or career objectives?
- Seeking greater knowledge of the career options related to your academic program?
- Looking to define your career plan and identify the different actions that will help you reach your career objectives?
- Considering pursuing a graduate degree, but need help in identifying the program that will best meet your needs?
- Graduating and need help in identifying the professions you could pursue or ways you can reach potential employers?
- Seeking to polish and refine your resume and cover letter?
The Career and Vocational Counsellor is available to assist students discover or clarify their academic or career objectives and the most effective strategies to reach these objectives. She can also assist students develop or polish their job search tools and strategies.
Workshops on job search topics, such as résumé and cover letter writing, effective job search strategies or interview skills are offered on a regular basis throughout the academic year. To register or to have further information on these workshops, please see the Events and Workshops page, or the Bishop’s Events Calendar.
Ms. Nathaniele Pelletier
Career and Vocational Counsellor
Nathaniele Pelletier holds a Master of Education in Career Counselling from the University of Quebec in Montreal (UQAM). She is a registered member of the Ordre des Conseillers et Conseillères d’Orientation du Québec. Nathaniele has more than 15 years of experience assisting individuals discover their interests, skills, values and work expectations to identify and implement meaningful career or academic decisions, as well as action plan. From her different work experiences (university, government and non- profit organizations), she has acquired a broad knowledge of the occupational world and the workforce that she shares with students to assist them in their career planning and transition from school to work.
“Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life”
- In need of time management and other organizational tools?
- Trying to improve your grades?
- Struggling to balance school, work, social life, etc.?
- Having difficulties integrating into university?
- Feeling stressed out or overwhelmed by school?
Then make an appointment with Katie! Serving all students across campus, the Academic Facilitator is dedicated to making the university experience a supportive and empowering one, helping students form individualized strategies for overcoming whatever challenges they might face on their academic paths.
Services include adjusting to university life, goal-setting, time management, stress management, and academic skill development (often pertaining to exam preparation, note-taking and organizational skills). The Academic Facilitator can also act as a liaison, assisting students in finding the resources they need to get the most of their university experience. In addition to individualized coaching, the Academic Facilitator is available to host workshops on different themes throughout the year and is responsible for organizing the annual Bishop’s Leadership Retreat.
Ms. Katie Bibbs
Katie brings over a decade of experience to her role from the public and private sectors, including her time spent teaching at the secondary level and consulting both in the small business and non-profit sectors. She holds a BSc. in Human Ecology from the University of Alberta and an MBA from Concordia University, and believes in holistic, individualized solutions. Her mission is to help Bishop’s students reach their fullest potential on-campus, so that they feel empowered to fulfill their dreams wherever they may go from here.