So, you’ve managed to wow a prospective employer with your resume and cover letter and got yourself an interview? Great! Now on to the interview preparations! Like every other aspect of having a successful career, preparation is the key to acing that interview and getting hired!
A few realities of interviews:
- Being qualified isn’t enough: even the most qualified person may not get the job if they interview poorly.
- First impressions DO mean a lot
- You are being evaluated from the second you arrive until the second you leave
- Winging an interview = failure 99.9% of the time
Take the time to go through the tips and tools provided in this section.
Effectively Answering Interview Questions
The STAR Method to answering interview questions is one of the most common frameworks taught by career professionals. The Coop Office at Bishop’s encourages students to go one step further and use the STARE Method, which is outlined below.
- STARE Framework (Word document)
- Example using STARE Framework (Word document)
- STARE Worksheet (Word document)
*Remember that you can always schedule a mock interview at the Co-op Office.