Career and Vocational Counselling Services
- Having second thoughts about your choice of major or career objectives?
- Seeking greater knowledge of the career options related to your academic program?
- Looking to define your career plan and identify the different actions that will help you reach your career objectives?
- Considering pursuing a graduate degree, but need help in identifying the program that will best meet your needs?
- Graduating and need help in identifying the professions you could pursue or ways you can reach potential employers?
- Seeking to polish and refine your resume and cover letter?
The Career and Vocational Counsellor is available to assist students discover or clarify their academic or career objectives and the most effective strategies to reach these objectives. She can also assist students develop or polish their job search tools and strategies.
Workshops on job search topics, such as résumé and cover letter writing, effective job search strategies or interview skills are offered on a regular basis throughout the academic year. To register or to have further information on these workshops, please see the Events and Workshops page, or the Bishop’s Events Calendar.
Ms. Nathaniele Pelletier
Career and Vocational Counsellor
Nathaniele Pelletier holds a Master of Education in Career Counselling from the University of Quebec in Montreal (UQAM). She is a registered member of the Ordre des Conseillers et Conseillères d’Orientation du Québec. Nathaniele has more than 15 years of experience assisting individuals discover their interests, skills, values and work expectations to identify and implement meaningful career or academic decisions, as well as action plan. From her different work experiences (university, government and non- profit organizations), she has acquired a broad knowledge of the occupational world and the workforce that she shares with students to assist them in their career planning and transition from school to work.
“Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life”
Success Coaching and Development
- Struggling to balance, school, work, money, social life, etc.?
- Having difficulties integrating into university?
- Looking for extracurricular activities?
- Feeling disorganized or overwhelmed?
- Questioning your academic or personal goals?
- Trying to identify and develop self-knowledge or soft skills?
- Aiming for success?
The University Success Coach is dedicated to helping students experience university with the greatest degree of success possible. Although emphasis is on first year students and their integration, success coaching can provide you with support during your academic journey or on your transition out of university. Services range from adjusting to university life, self-knowledge development, goal and plan setting, time management, soft skills development, etc.
The success coach will provide these services by meeting on an individual basis, by hosting workshops on different themes (for example; procrastination, time and stress management, etc.) and will coordinate the annual success retreat.
To make an appointment with the Career and Vocational Counsellor or the University Success Coach, you simply need to come to the Student Support Services reception (1 floor above the bookstore – SUB building) and fill in an intake form.