A focus on support for scholarly teaching
- Foster strong collaborative ties with students in order to enhance student learning
- Consult with students about various topics related to higher education
- Build capacity for teaching excellence amongst members of our Bishop’s community, for full-time, contract, and part-time faculty, librarians, and staff (and, when appropriate, to build relationships with community educators, e.g. from Champlain, BCS, and the Eastern Townships School Board)
- Support teachers to develop evidence-based teaching practices
- Facilitate reflective teaching practices
- Provide teaching resources for pedagogical development in the following areas: student learning outcomes, student motivation, assessment design, teaching innovation, classroom management, student evaluation, competency development, design of course syllabi, program evaluation, curriculum design, teaching across a range of abilities, using educational technology.