1. Go to the Online Application page by clicking the button below:
2. Select the application form that applies to you. Complete the application form and submit it electronically. You will then be re-directed to the payment page and asked to submit an application fee of $65 CAD via credit card.
(Exception: Students applying for an exchange program from approved partner institutions do not pay an application fee).
3. Following the payment you will have the option to upload any supporting documents for your application. If you do not have the documents ready yet, you can submit them at a later date directly to the Admissions Office by email (email@example.com), in person during our regular business hours, or by post to the following address:
Bishop’s University – Admissions Office
2600 rue College
Sherbrooke, QC J1M 1Z7
*Unofficial documents submitted by email can be accepted in order to make a conditional offer of admission. Final official documents must be submitted in order to confirm any such offer.
4. In the days following the submission of your application, you will receive an email with your log-in information to access your myBU portal where you will be able to track the status of your application.
5. Once we begin evaluating applications for a given cycle, admissions files are assessed on a rolling basis. What this means is that as soon as all required documents are received, our office will complete an initial evaluation within 10 business days. (Exception: Master’s Programs and Applications for our Music programs, which need to be evaluated based on their audition as well).
Click the link below that best describes you to determine the admission requirements that apply to your situation:
Canadian High School Students
USA High School Students
International Baccalaureate (IB) Students
Baccalauréat français (BACF) Students
A-level/British-Patterned System Students
International High School Students
College Transfer Students
University Transfer Students
English Language School Pathway Students
Exchange Students from a partner university
Graduate and post-graduate applicants
Master of Science (MSc) Applicants
Master of Education (MEd) and Master of Arts in Education (MA) Applicants
Graduate Certificate in Brewing Science
Graduate Certificate in Business
Micro-program in Climate Change
September 15: Online application for September 2019 semester opens.
March 1: Competitive Scholarships deadline and Awards and Bursaries application deadline.
March 15: Supporting documents deadline for Competitive Scholarships, Awards and Bursaries.
April 1: CÉGEP, High School, and Graduate Admissions Application deadline (September 2019).
May 1: College and University Transfer Admissions Application deadline (September 2019).
May 15: Preliminary document deadline for all applicants.
June 1: Deadline to accept Fall offer of admission.
June 15: Residence application deadline.
August 1: Official final document deadline.
October 1: Winter (January) admission application deadline for international students, including exchange students.
November 1: Winter (January) application deadline for Canadian or Permanent Resident students.
December 1: Winter (January) acceptance of admission offer deadline.
Please note that we will accept applications beyond our published admissions deadlines and will assess them as time and space in programs allow. Students may be advised to suspend or defer their applications until the next admissions term or cycle if programs are full or if they do not meet our minimum academic requirements.