Personal Threats

Personal Threats

(by letter, phone, or e-mail)

Advise the Security Department, ext. 711 or 819-822-9711. Give your name, the location and the nature of the incident.

Note all information related to the incident: name of the person who made the threat, nature, location and time of the threat. Communicate this information to the Security Officer who will come on location and complete an incident report form.

The Security Officer will report the incident to the police upon request of the victim, or will ask the victim to contact the police personally depending on the circumstances. Otherwise, the incident will be handled internally using the Student Conduct Committee, Human Resources or Ombudsperson’s office.

If a staff member is involved, advise the supervisor. If a student is involved, contact the Dean of Student Affairs or in residences, the Director of Housing or the Residence Life Coordinator. The following support services are available to students who have been threatened: