Assaults (non-sexual)

Assaults (non-sexual)

Advise the Security Department, ext. 711 or 819-822-9711 and report the name of the victim, the location and the nature of the incident.

A Security Officer will go on site to help and if necessary, give first-aid. The Officer will try to obtain some information on the alleged attacker and the victim, and complete an incident form.

The Security Officer will call for an ambulance, if necessary, and may report the incident to the police, or ask the victim to contact the police personally depending on the circumstances.

If a student is involved, the matter will be referred to the Dean of Student Affairs. The following support services are available to students who have been assaulted:

Assaults come under the Criminal Code and require a police investigation. The decision to lay charges is the responsibility of the victim.