Home > Resources for Parents of Students > Frequently Asked Questions


How do I contact my student in case of an emergency?

If your student lives on-campus:

  • Residence at 819-822-9600 ext. 2685 (during University hours)
  • Campus security at 819-822-9711 (at any other time)

If your student lives off-campus:

  • Sherbrooke police at 819-821-5555

Business office

Where can my student find the tuition balance for the semester?

All students can find their tuition balance at mybu.ubishops.ca in the self-service home portal. The school cannot provide the balance to parents or other relatives on the phone or by email.

Where can my student get the Income tax receipts?

All students can find their income tax receipts at mybu.ubishops.ca under the financial tab at the end of February.

When will scholarships be received by the students?

Scholarships are only allocated after the add/drop deadline in September. If you have confirmation of a scholarship, you can reduce your payment to the university by half of your yearly scholarship. Example: getting $1000 for the year- $500 will be allocated in September and the balance in January (provided you have a minimum fall average of 70%).

How does my student opt out of the SRC health and dental insurance if I already have insurance?

The opt out period for the SRC insurance is during the month of September at studentcare.ca. Information will be sent to the student’s Bishop’s email. It is important to opt out correctly in order for the fees to be reversed on your student account.


When can my student move into residence?

Move-in-day typically occurs the weekend before classes begin in September (between 9:30 am – 4:30 pm) and the Monday prior to the beginning of classes for those beginning their studies in January (between 9:30 am – 4:30 pm). For exact dates please contact the Residence Office 1-819-822-9600 ext. 2685

What are the $500 and $800 deposits going towards to?

Both deposits will go towards your balance for your first month of residence and meal plan. If your monthly payment is higher, you will have to pay the difference. If your monthly payment is lower, the difference will go forward your second month.

When and how does my student pay for his monthly residence and meal plan fees?

Canadian student: Fees are due on the first of each month. Payment can be done at the front desk of Patterson by cash or debit card or with online banking with our partner institution (RBC, CIBC, BMO, Desjardins, National Bank, Scotia Bank and TD). To do so add Bishop’s University as a payee and use your student # as the account number.

International student: Fees for the entire year are due before the start of the semester and must be paid through online international banking using Flywire.

What is included in a residence room?

Each room comes with a bed, mattress, mattress cover, desk, chair, nightstand, dresser, curtains, …

Other Topics

Where can I stay when visiting my student at Bishop’s University?

Sherbrooke and Lennoxville offer multiple motels and hotels options. Here are a few:


La Paysanne
42 Queen St.

Motel Lennoxville
94 Queen St.


Delta Sherbrooke Hotel
2685 King Ouest

Grand Times Hotel
1 rue Belvedere sud

Hotel Le Floral
1920, 12th Avenue North
Toll free: 1-855-564-6811

Where can I send my student a package?

All students living in on-campus residence will be given a mailbox # at our Porter’s Office once they arrive on campus. The mailing address should be the following:

Student name
2600 College street, mailbox #
Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
J1M 1Z7

For students living off campus, mailboxes are available for rent through the Porter’s Office. Students interested in renting an on-campus mailbox should visit the Porter’s Office in person to make appropriate arrangements.