Users are able to renew their library material online by accessing the User Activities option in the Classic Catalogue. The maximum online renewal per item is three times for Bishop’s and Champlain students. The maximum online renewal per item is twice for all other users, with the exception of Faculty who have long loan.
Important note: You may only renew items online during the active sessional dates of a semester. Between the last day of final exams and the start of the next semester, you cannot renew online. Please contact the Circulation Desk 819-822-9600 ext. 2605, should you wish to renew items between semesters.
Only general books, DVDs, and CDs may be renewed. All other items must be renewed at the Circulation Desk.
- Go to the Circulation Desk to have a password (pincode) generated. You may change your password once you have accessed your account by choosing the change my password button.
- Click the Classic Catalogue link via the library’s homepage.
- From the left hand menu, click on User Activities.
- Enter the 14 digit barcode which is on your I.D. card.
- Enter your password (pincode).
- Click on My loans, with possibility of renewal.
- Your library account will be blocked if you have any overdue items, outstanding fines, or administrative blocks.
- You may renew your items provided that they are not overdue or placed on hold by another user. Please note: Items must be renewed before the library closes on the date the books are due. To renew items click on either the Renew Selection or the Renew All button. Once you have selected which item(s) you wish to renew, you will see another screen where you will be asked to either Confirm or Cancel your selection. If you select cancel, your items will not be renewed. Once you click the confirm button, you will be returned to the previous screen. Please ensure that the loan was successfully extended by making sure that the due date of the item(s) that you are renewing has been extended by 2 weeks.
- If you have placed a reservation (hold) on a book you may view the reservation by choosing the My reservations button. If you no longer need the reservation you may cancel the request from this screen. Please note that you may not cancel a reservation yourself once the book has become available for you at the library. In this case, please notify the Circulation Desk that you no longer require the item.
For assistance, please contact the Circulation Desk, 819-822-9600 ext. 2605.