Cybersecurity (or information security) incidents must be reported promptly to ITS.
Which cybersecurity incidents should be reported?
Any incident that compromises the availability, integrity and/or confidentiality of information held by the University, such as:
- Electronic copyright violations
- Computer fraud
- Intrusion into a computer system
- Infection of a workstation with a virus or other malicious code
- Unauthorized use, alteration or destruction of data, software, applications, or hardware
- Theft or loss of computer equipment
- Unauthorized access to computer facilities
- Using the University’s computer facilities to commit illegal acts
Are you a witness or victim of an incident that does not appear in the list above, but you think it may be a cybersecurity incident? Do not hesitate to report it!
You do not have a username and password to report an incident using Octopus? Report the incident by sending an email to email@example.com.
For immediate assistance, you can call the Helpdesk at any time at 819-822-9600 x2273.