Scholarships and Travel Bursaries

Scholarships and Travel Bursaries

International Mobility and Short-Term Stays Outside Québec Program

This scholarship program by the Quebec Ministry of Education offers financial support to university students travelling abroad as part of their studies. It also supports students participating in an educational activity outside Québec recognized by their university. If you meet the requirements, you may be eligible for a scholarship of $750 to $1 500 per month ($3 000 to $6 000 per semester).


  • Must be registered as a full-time degree student at Bishop’s University.
  • Must be selected to participate in a recognized academic study abroad project during the Fall and Winter semester.
  • Must register or have registered in a full-time course load (equivalent to that of a full-time course load or completion of 12 or 15 Bishop’s University credits) while abroad.

Bishop’s summer school projects and field courses abroad may be eligible as well. More details to come.

Travel Bursaries

Thanks to 4 very generous benefactors, travel bursaries have been made available to support students participating in exchanges.

  • Ray Jensen Travel Bursary
  • Goldberger Global Experience Travel Bursary
  • Haslett Travel Bursary
  • Gavin Ross Memorial Travel Bursary

DAAD Scholarship

Deutscher Akademscher Austausch Dienst is a scholarship available to Canadian students participating in an exchange to Germany. Please consult their website.

Bishop’s University Scholarship Renewal

A student on a recognized Bishop’s academic exchange must complete 30 credits (or equivalent determined by the Divisional Dean) at the exchange institution to be eligible for scholarships at Bishop’s upon their return. Scholarships will be awarded based on the rules and regulations found in the Academic Calendar.

Loans, bursaries, awards and scholarships are tenable during an exchange providing that students do not take an academic semester off prior to leaving on exchange.

For information on travel grants available through Bishop’s University or the Government of Quebec, please email us at