Scholarships and travel bursaries
Thanks to 4 very generous benefactors, travel bursaries have been made available to support students participating in exchanges.
- Ray Jensen Travel Bursary
- Goldberger Global Experience Travel Bursary
- Haslett Travel Bursary
- Gavin Ross Memorial Travel Bursary
For information, please contact Sophie Jacques at email@example.com.
Deutscher Akademscher Austausch Dienst is a scholarship available to Canadian students participating in an exchange to Germany. Please consult their website.
Quebec Ministry of Education Bursary Programme for Short-term University Student Exchanges Outside Quebec
To encourage students to gain international experience by completing a semester or year abroad while participating in an academic exchange program.
Bursaries will be allocated to Bishop’s University students selected to participate in a recognized academic exchange abroad during the Fall or Winter semester.
- Must show proof of Quebec residency;
- Must be registered as a full-time degree student at Bishop’s University as well as have achieved a minimum cumulative average of 70% prior to leaving for an exchange;
- Must register or have registered in a full-time course load (equivalent to that of a full-time course load or completion of 12 – 15 Bishop’s University credits) while abroad.
For an application form or further information, please contact Sophie Jacques at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bishop’s University Scholarship Renewal
A student on a recognized Bishop’s academic exchange must complete 30 credits (or equivalent determined by the Divisional Dean) at the exchange institution to be eligible for scholarships at Bishop’s upon their return. Scholarships will be awarded based on the rules and regulations found in the Academic Calendar.
Loans, bursaries, awards and scholarships are tenable during an exchange providing that students do not take an academic semester off prior to leaving on exchange. For information on travel grants available through Bishop’s University or the Provincial Government of Quebec, please contact Sophie Jacques at email@example.com.