Mission, Vision, Core Beliefs
Student Accessibility & Accommodation Services strives to provide a solid portfolio of individualized support services to meet the needs of students with disabilities in order that they may define and achieve personal autonomy while pursuing higher education.
Bishop’s University is a supportive, accessible, non-discriminatory and equitable learning environment for students with disabilities.
We share the belief system of the Canadian Association of Disability Services Providers in Post-Secondary Education:
- We believe in inclusion and equality regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation and ability.
- We believe all students with disabilities have a right to access effective, affordable and timely support services.
- We believe that support services must be accessible and student-centered.
- We believe students with disabilities have the right to access distinct and specialized support services.
- We believe in universal access to the learning environment for all students with disabilities.