Master of Education (MEd) and Master of Arts in Education (MA) Applicants
Admission Requirements: General
- Completed Bachelor of Education or appropriate equivalent with a minimum average of 75%. Applicants to the Art Education concentration should have a completed undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum average of 75%.
- Two years related professional experience.
Applicants for the M.A. and M.Ed. must:
- have completed a B.Ed. or related degree at a recognized university with an average of at least 75%;
- normally have at least two years of relevant educational experience (teaching or related professional experience).
NOTE: If your mother tongue is not English and you have not studied for at least three full years in English, you must submit TOEFL, IELTS, or other equivalent English language proficiency test results. Minimum scores in the School of Education for graduate studies are:
- TOEFL minimum score of 90 (Internet-based) with at least a score of 20 in each of the four components.
- IELTS minimum score of 6.5 with at least a score of 6.5 in each of the four components.
Required Supporting Documents
- 2 references using the School of Education Reference Form.
- Proof of English proficiency. All applicants must submit proof of English proficiency. Consult the English Language Proficiency Requirements document to determine what, if any, supplementary documents you must provide.
- Copy of most recent university transcript.
- Letter of intent outlining why you believe you are a good candidate for graduate studies at Bishop’s University.
- MA applicants only: One-page description of your research interests, including area of interest, initial research questions, approach, possible resources required, and an approximate time line for completing the program.
- Copy of personal identification document(s). Consult the Personal Identification Documents page to determine what document(s) you must provide.