English Language School Pathway Students
You are considered an English language school pathway program student for admission purposes if you:
- meet all regular admission requirements except for English language proficiency; and you
- are seeking admission to or have been admitted to a University or Academic Pathway program at one of the English language schools with which Bishop’s University is a partner:
- Académie Linguistique Internationale (ALI Montreal)
- Brescia University College’s Preliminary Year Program
- East Coast Language College
- English School of Canada
- Halifax Language Institute of Canada
- ILSC Language Schools
- International Centre for English Academic Preparation (For M.Sc Computer Science applicants only)
- Lambton College
- Western Town College
- Bishop’s University will only offer a conditional letter of admission once a student applies to the university after being enrolled at one of the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) partner programs and meets all other Bishop’s admission requirements as per the intended academic program. Admission to Bishop’s will be unconditional once a student successfully completes the EAP program and meets all conditions of their admission letter. Please note that Bishop’s does not provide a conditional letter of admission to students before they are enrolled with a partner English language school.
Admission Requirements: General
- Fulfillment of all regular admission requirements listed in the category that best describes your academic background.
- Successful completion of a Bishop’s University’s English language university/academic pathway partner program.
Admission Requirements: Program-Specific
View the program-specific requirements in the regular admission category that best describes your academic background.
Required Supporting Documents: All Applicants
- Copy of acceptance letter to a Bishop’s University’s English language pathway partner program.
- Copy of most recent academic transcript(s).
- Copy of personal identification documents. Consult the Personal Identification Documents page to determine what document(s) you must provide.
Additional Supporting Documents: Program-Specific
Applicants to Programs in the Department of Music:
- Letter of musical background
Details on both of the above are found in the Music Admissions Information Sheet.