Access Card and Key Procedure
Please note that for security purposes, all key request forms can only be found on myBU. Forms must be completed by a Faculty or Staff member.
Access Card and Key Request Procedure for Faculty, Staff and Tutors:
- Please login to myBU for procedures and request forms.
Access Card and Key Request Procedure for Students:
- Students must obtain a pre-filled form from the designated Faculty or Staff member for the requested area to be accessed.
- All fields must be completed including start and end dates.
- Handwritten forms will not be accepted.
- Forms must be signed by the student and be approved by the Dean, Chairperson or Manager of requested area.
- Students must bring the completed form to B&G with a $20 deposit (cash only).
- Request forms without a deposit will be put on hold until a deposit is received.
- A turnaround time of three (3) business days is required to prepare the keys/access cards.
- Students must return to Buildings & Grounds with their Student ID card in order to pick up their keys and/or access cards.
- At the end of the term, the student must return the keys and/or access cards to the Buildings & Grounds office. Once received, the $20 deposit will be returned to the student.
- If the keys are not returned at the end of the term, the $20 deposit will be forfeited.
- Only one deposit will be requested per semester unless the keys are lost.
Lost Keys and Access Cards:
For your security and that of the University, lost keys and access cards must be reported to Security immediately.
If you lose your keys, you must:
- Advise campus Security immediately (24/7).
- Advise Buildings & Grounds at extension 2650 or in-person at the office.
Students, please note that lost keys mean that:
- The $20 key deposit will be forfeited;
- A new deposit will be required for replacement keys and/or access cards; and
- The cost of replacing the lock, if required, will be charged to the student (via their student account).