- Office: JOH 123
Dr. Smith holds a Ph.D. in Mathematics from Université de Sherbrooke and has been working as a contract faculty at Bishop’s University since 2008. Over these 9 years, he has taught a wide variety of math courses, including the math business courses such as MAT 190, MAT 193, MAT 195, MAT 196 and MAT 197. Since 2010, he is one of the co-organizor of the international Sherbrooke-Bishop’s annual Meeting in the Representation Theory of Algebra. He is also occasionally a referee for some scientific journals and has also been a reviewer for the important collection Mathematical Reviews. Currently, he also co-supervise three Ph.D. students in Mathematics, all based at Université de Sherbrooke.
His main interest research interest is Algebra, and more precisely Representation Theory of Algebras.
Since 2010, he holds an NSERC (Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada) research grant: $150,000 over 8 years.
Since 2003, he has been the author or co-author of 12 published research papers.
1. I. Assem, G. Dupont, R. Schiffler and D. Smith, Friezes, strings and cluster variables, Glasg. Math. J. 54 (2012), no. 1, 27-60.
2. A. Buan, O. Iyama, I. Reiten and D. Smith, Mutation of cluster-tilting objects and potentials, Amer. J. Math., 133 (2011), no. 4, 835-887.
3. I. Assem, C. Reutenauer and D. Smith, Friezes, Adv. Math. 225 (2010), no. 6, 3134-3165.
4. J.C. Bustamante, J. Dionne and D. Smith, (Co)homology theories for oriented algebras, Comm. Algebra, 27 (2009), no.5, 1516-1544.
5. J. Dionne, M. Lanzilotta and D. Smith, Skew group algebras of piecewise hereditary algebras are piecewise hereditary, J. Pure Appl. Algebra, 213 (2009), 241-249.
6. D. Smith, On tilting modules over cluster-tilted algebras, Illinois J. Math. 52 (2008), no. 4, 1223-1247.
7. D. Smith, Almost laura algebras, J. Algebra, 319 (2008), no. 1, 432-456.
8. M. Lanzilotta and D. Smith, Laura algebras and quasi-directed components, Colloq. Math., 105 (2006), no. 2, 179-196.
9. J. Dionne and D. Smith, Articulations of algebras and their homological properties, J. Algebra Appl., 5 (2006), no. 3 1-15.
10. I. Assem, F. U. Coelho, M. Lanzilotta, D. Smith and S. Trepode, Algebras determined by their left and right parts. Algebraic structures and their representations, 13-47, Contemp. Math., 376, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 2005.
11. D. Smith, On generalized standard Auslander-Reiten components having only finitely many non-directing modules, J. Algebra, 279 (2004), no. 2, 493-513.
12. J-C. Bustamante, J. Dionne and D. Smith, Ordonnés de chaînes et algèbres d’incidence, Ann. Sci. Math. Québec 27 (2003), no. 1, 1-11.
13. D. Smith, Algèbres de type laura, algèbres de groupes gauches et groups de (co)homologie, Ph.D. Thesis (2006), Université de Sherbrooke.
14. D. Smith, Articulation d’algèbres et propriétés homologiques, Master Thesis (2003), Université de Sherbrooke.