Co-operative Education Program
Co-operative Education seeks to complement a student’s academic program with full-time integrated work experiences. Each work term in a maximum of 16 weeks in length with a minimum work requirement of 12 weeks. Co-op work terms at Bishop’s University are considered as 3-credit courses in addition to regular degree credits. Furthermore, it is important to note that students must apply and be accepted into the co-op program at Bishop`s.
The following services that are provided for co-op students:
- customized workshops for Co-op students
- individual advising and coaching in the job search process
- resume assessments
- interview preparation
- follow-up and visitation
- work term evaluation
- gain real work experience in your field of interest
- put into practice the knowledge and concepts learned in class
- develop your resume and improve your interview skills for future career opportunities
- expand your network!
Who can apply?
Please note: Admission into the co-op program is limited to the following degree students:
- BA Major/Honours Business
- B.Sc Computer Science
Students must also meet the following requirements:
- must have completed a minimum of 15 credits at Bishop’s University
- must have a minimum cumulative average of 70%