Online Appointment Instructions
IMPORTANT! Read the NEW Writing Centre Online Appointment Instructions
Given that all classes are being offered online this Spring session, Writing Centre consultations will also be given online.
However, the format of the consultations has changed. Your tutor will spend 30 to 40 minutes reviewing your text offline and then video-conference with you during your appointment time using Microsoft Teams.
Therefore, you must download Microsoft Teams using your Bishop’s email.
The following protocol must be followed:
- Make an appointment on our booking site using your full name and Bishop’s email.
- Please do a spelling and grammar check on your text before emailing; that will save time.
- Email your text to the Tutor with whom you have an appointment by 9 a.m. the morning of your appointment. (The email address can be found next to your Tutor’s name on the booking site.)
- Email your text as a Word document (preferably).
- Your Tutor will call you on Microsoft Teams for a video-conference sometime during your scheduled appointment time. For example, if your appointment is at 3:00 p.m., your Tutor will call you sometime between 3:00 and 3:30 p.m.
- If you wish, your Tutor will email your text back to you.
- If you experience technical difficulties, your Tutor will simply email you back your text with a suggestion or two.
You are allowed only one appointment a week as the Tutor will be spending nearly one hour with your text. If your paper is long or contains many errors, your Tutor may not be able to review it completely. However, she will be able to give you some guidance as to how to edit the rest of it on your own.
Any questions? comments? suggestions? Email Angie at email@example.com.