Events and Workshops
BUILDING YOUR RESUMÉ AND COVER LETTER
Tuesday, September 26, 2017 (1:30 pm – 4:00 pm)
Monday, October 9, 2017 (1:30 pm – 4:00 pm)
Thursday, October 26, 2017 (9:30 am – 12:00 am)
Wednesday, November 15, 2017 (1:30 pm – 4:00 pm)
In this workshop, we will examine the purpose and the different characteristics of the résumé and the cover letter. Through a series of exercises, you will learn ways to highlight your qualifications, skills and achievements to target specific job requirements successfully.
INTRO TO NETWORKING
Thursday, October 19, 2017 (1:30 pm – 4:00 pm)
Monday, November 6, 2017 (1:30 pm – 4:00 pm)
Looking for a job can be a daunting task, yet there are different actions that can make this work less tedious and more effective. In this workshop, we will present different job search and networking strategies that can help you identify potential employers, job opportunities and enhance your interview skills.
INTERVIEW 101 – THE ART OF PROMOTING YOUR SKILLS
Wednesday, October 4, 2017 (1:30 pm – 4:00 pm)
Thursday, November 2, 2017 (9:30 am – 12:00 pm)
Monday, November 20, 2017 (1:30 pm – 4:00 pm)
The job interview is the most influential aspect of landing a job. Therefore, it is important to take the time to prepare for such an event. During this interactive workshop, we will explore the “4Ps” of a successful interview as well as discuss and practice different ways to answer difficult questions. You are encouraged to think and bring examples of difficult questions to the workshop.
To register for one of these workshops, please do so by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday and Saturday, January 26 and 27, 2018 (9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
Bishop’s Career Bootcamp is a two and a half day intensive career preparation event designed to provide the skills and knowledge required to do an effective job search process. Participants will attend workshops on résumé building, job search strategies, effective networking techniques, business etiquette, interview preparation, as well as a mock interview session (interview practice with an alumni). The Career Bootcamp also includes a networking cocktail event with alumni, which is a great opportunity for students to practice their networking skills and gain a realistic understanding of the workforce.
Benefits of attending the Career Prep Bootcamp:
- Improve your résumé and cover letter (gain valuable advice on ways to highlight your qualifications, skills and achievements to target specific jobs).
- Gain valuable information on interviews from a senior Human Resource Advisor.
- Improve your interview skills and answers (learn how to answer difficult interview questions).
- Discover easy and effective tools and techniques to make yourself known by potential employers.
- Develop time saving and effective job search and networking techniques.
- Network with alumni and employers who can give you great career and job search advice.
I really loved Bootcamp, it helped me in many ways. From my resume to the interview and certainly the cocktail etiquette, what a great idea. I keep telling everyone that it was really worth it and would definitely relive the experience!Quote from a past participant
Whether you are graduating this year or just starting your first semester at Bishop’s, now is the best time to start participating!
Thursday February 15, 2018 in the GAIT (Marjorie Donald Building)
Don’t miss this opportunity to:
- Network with representatives of different companies.
- Gain great advice and information on the workforce and the careers related to your education.
- Discover the skills employers are looking for.
- Land a full time or summer job!
Companies that were present in 2017:
- Public Service Commission of Canada
- Agence de revenue Canada
- Canadian Security Intelligence
- Community Economic Development and Employability Corporation
- Festivals et événements verts de l’Estrie (FEVE)
- Financière Sun Life
- Global Excel
- Institut national de la recherche scientifique
- Programme Odyssée
- Commission scolaire des Hauts-Cantons
- Avanade Canada
- Costco Sherbrooke
- Centre d’action bénévole de Sherbrooke
- …and we are waiting for more confirmations