USA High School Students

USA High School Students

You are considered a USA high school student for admission purposes if you:

  • are currently completing Grade 12 at a high school in the United States; or you
  • graduated within the last two years from high school in the United States and you have not studied elsewhere since graduation

Applying to Bishop’s University

USA High School Students can apply to Bishop’s University either through the main university website or through the Common Application. Bishop’s is one of 700 Common App members but one of only three Canadian partners! The Common App is an easy way to apply and submit documents using a portal that is built for USA students. This will be one of the simplest Common Applications US students will complete – Test optional and no essay!

Applying to Bishop’s University using the Common Application

Admission Requirements: General

Completed high school diploma. We are looking for academically strong and well-rounded students with academic grades in the 3.40 plus range (B+ or above) for general entry to our university.

Admission Requirements: Program-Specific

Consult the information below to determine specific Grade 12 courses required by individual programs.

Degree Program Division:


  • Required grade 12 course(s): English, Mathematics (Pre-Calculus or Calculus recommended)


  • Required grade 12 course(s): English


  • Required grade 12 course(s): English


  • Required grade 12 course(s): English, Pre-Calculus or Calculus, 2 of Biology, Chemistry, or Physics

SCHOOL OF EDUCATION – elementary and secondary

  • Required grade 12 course(s): English

SCHOOL OF EDUCATION – math or science as a teachable

  • Required grade 12 course(s): English, Pre-Calculus or Calculus, 2 of Biology, Chemistry, or Physics

Some USA high school curricula do not permit a student to take two of Biology, Chemistry, or Physics in the Grade 12 year. Students applying from such curricula must take one Grade 12 science course and have completed the second science course in Grade 11

AP Courses and Transfer Credit

Students can receive advanced standing credit at Bishop’s University for most AP exams completed with a score of 4 or better.  View the current AP Transfer Chart for details.  An official score report sent from the College Board is required.

Required Supporting Documents: All Applicants

  • Latest high school transcript, including courses in progress and future term courses showing final or in progress grades.
  • School grading chart and/or school profile.
  • While not required, information such as SAT/ACT, class rank, senior level courses available at your school, teacher recommendations and a personal statement will assist us when reviewing your application.
  • Copy of personal identification document(s). Consult the Personal Identification Documents page to determine what document(s) you must provide.

Additional Supporting Documents: Program-Specific

Applicants to Programs in the Department of Music:

  • Audition
  • Letter of musical background

Details on both of the above are found in the Music Admissions Information Sheet.