Buildings & Grounds
The Buildings & Grounds Department is responsible for the planning, operating, maintenance, renovation and new construction of the University’s buildings, roads, grounds and utilities that support the teaching, research and community.
The Buildings & Grounds Department provides services to the University campus and community promoting a safe, clean and healthy environment.
All areas of the Buildings & Grounds Department are continually working to improve the physical environment of Bishop’s University. We are continually seeking ways to improve our recycling program, to use environmentally friendly products and to make Bishop’s a greener campus.
Lead Hand, Electrician, Plumber, Stationary Engineman Class 4, Stationary Engineman Class 2.
- Handles the electrical and plumbing requirements for the University.
- Looks after the University’s heating, ventilation, air conditioning and energy requirements.
- Practices energy conservation and monitors the purchase and consumption of electricity, natural gas and heating oil.
Custodial Supervisor, Custodial Lead Hand, Custodians.
- Custodians, pest control, recycling and hazardous waste (except lab chemicals).
Facilities Foreman, Lead Hand, Carpenters, Mechanics, Locksmiths, Painters, Grounds/Landscaping.
- Build and repair campus furniture and maintain all buildings and campus housing
- Installation of doors, hardware, windows, etc.
- Key and card access control
- Painting campus buildings and faculty houses
- Maintaining grounds, gardens, roads and snow removal
- Repairing and maintaining the campus vehicles
- Providing special set-ups and equipment for the campus and community events.
Planning & Development
Project Management for new construction and renovation of projects. Feasibility studies and estimates.