Students interested in the science side of sport are encouraged to consider the Health Science Concentration of the Biology program.
- Facilities include an athletic performance lab.
- This multidisciplinary program allows students to take courses from a broad spectrum ranging from Social Sciences to Natural Sciences to Business, thereby developing multiple perspectives on the importance of sport in society.
- The Social Psychology of Sports Exercise
- Sports Writing
- Sport, Culture and Society
- Sport and Psychology: Performance Enhancement
- Introduction to Exercise Physiology
Where can this lead me?
Employment opportunities may occur in sports organizations at the community and corporate level, as well as in volunteer program to develop sports.
The program will also prepare students for further studies in areas such as recreation, leisure and sports management.
Courses & Programs
Degree Options: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Major in Sports Studies, with optional Concentrations in:
- Sports Studies
- Health and Sports Studies
- Business and Sports Studies
- Minor in Health and Sports Studies
For complete details, view the Sports Studies section of the academic calendar.
Opportunities exist for experiential learning with local schools and clinics.
Not sure whether you completed all the requirements of your program? Have a look at the following booklets: