Politics & International Studies Student Association
Every student belonging to the Politics and International Studies department is automatically a member of the Political & International Studies Association (PISA). The PISA holds annual elections to elect their representatives. These representatives serve to promote the interests of the politics body as a whole. This usually involves organizing events to create a greater sense of community, organizing events to create awareness, acting as an intermediary between the students and faculty, informing students about department affairs, representing the politics students across campus, etc.
Some of the events organized by the PISA in recent years include:
- An orientation night for first year students in September (in cooperation with the department)
- An information session with faculty professors on graduate school in order to assist both senior and junior students with any questions or concerns they might have
- A Fall social event for students and faculty
- A trip for both department and non-department students to visit the Quebec City and see the National Assembly, the Observatoire de la Capitale observation deck, and the downtown historical area
- An end of year formal for all Politics and International Studies students as well as professors